Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving

Many of you may be wondering where I've been and what I've been up to this last month or so. Well, the month of November has brought with it a lot of chaos -- where to begin...

Right off the bat, our dog Pixel managed to get himself lost. This was late October, but bled into November with our search finally ending on Friday, November 6th, when a kind man picked me up as I was posting lost dog signs. He drove me around to where he had seen Pixel last, and with the help of several residents around the area, we finally found him, wet, scared, but so very happy to see me. Hardest. Week. Evar. On the bright side, using Google Earth to track the tips we got made the process much easier. Still a very hard week though.

Then, I found myself with a lot of Wing Linux stuff to do -- putting the final touches on the 0.4 release and getting started on the 0.4.1 (and later 0.4.2) releases. Not to mention all the upstream work that's been going on (which I'm happy to say has paid off, since it looks like support for HTC Herald will be included in Linux 2.6.33).

And now, it seems things are finally winding down a bit as we head towards Thanksgiving. Which I'm SOO anxious for -- we're going to Cancun! We had been planning to get with friends and host Thanksgiving at home, but that fell through, so we decided to cut our losses and just go on vacation. Can't wait!

So in light of Thanksgiving's pending arrival, I think it's fitting to talk about some of the things I'm thankful for this year. The first that comes to mind is that we got our dog back safe and sound -- can't ask for more than that! I'm thankful to everyone who has made the Wing Linux project the success that it is, and I'm so very thankful that I've survived the layoff cycles at my job (and wish those that haven't the best of luck -- it's a tough market out there now). But most of all, I'm thankful for my lovely wife Tess and the wonderful life we have together. She has made everything possible and always brightens my day -- there's a lot I couldn't do without her.

So what about you? What are you thankful for this year?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the releases :) i'm try every assembly and waiting when the sound will work! about the sound .. stumbled upon http://open-nandra.com/category/linux/htc/ and it says that the sound part works =)
    what do you think about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey man i have a copy of web os is a linux distro if u are interested contact me on xda

    gaeazero

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a htc touch viva (opal) phone and i'm interested in developing your software. If you need me for testing i'm available

    ReplyDelete